is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Seoul office. Mr. Kang’s practice focuses on cross-border corporate and capital markets.
- Credit Suisse in US$114 million GDR offering by Youngone Corporation.
- Samsung Securities in US$100 million floating rate note offering by Hanwha SolarOne.
- Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, BofA Merrill Lynch, HSBC, Nomura and UBS in US$303 million exchange bond offering by Lotte Shopping.
- Samsung Electronics in its US$310 million acquisition of UK-listed CSR Plc's mobile connectivity and location technology as well as certain relevant patents and a license to patents and intellectual property for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS.
- Samsung Electronics in the US$1.4 billion sale of its hard disk drive (HDD) business to Seagate Technology, a NASDAQ-listed manufacturer of HDD and storage solutions, and extending and enhancing the existing patent cross-license agreement between the companies.
- Goldman Sachs and Nomura as joint bookrunners in the US$900 million dual-currency convertible bond offering by Lotte Shopping, one of the biggest retailers in Korea and a market leader in both department stores and discount stores, and listed on the Singapore Exchange.
Accolades and Recognitions
- William F. Vilas Fellow 1995-1998
- J.W. Fullbright Fellow 1993-1995
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Pacific Telecommunications Review 4th Quarter 2000 (Winner of Pacific Telecommunications Council Essay Prize for 2000)
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, L.P.C., 2005
- University of Oxford, Jurisprudence, B.A. (with honors)
- University of Wisconsin Madison, Ph.D. 1998
- University of Wisconsin, M.A., 1995