They have the resources and capabilities to handle deals with an international angle. They always produce thorough and thoughtful work."
—Chambers USA 2013
A Strategic Approach to Corporate Finance
In the past few years, lending markets have been buffeted by dramatic swings in sentiment. While record-low interest rates in key economies have helped businesses and lenders rebuild balance sheets, there is still a way to go. In this market, risk appetite can be a rapidly moving target. Timing and market perspective are both essential. Here’s how Paul Hastings can add value:
Valuable Market Information
Our extensive range of financing work ensures clients receive professional input that reflects market realities and protects their competitive edge in difficult markets.
- We have over 100 finance lawyers in all key global markets and our regular interface with leading banks internationally gives us an accurate gauge of the market and the ability to talk with fluency about what works now.
- The chair of our Finance and Restructuring practice led the way in asset-based lending law, authoring the treatise Asset-Based Lending – A Practical Guide to Secured Financing (7th Ed., 2011).
- Our lawyers directly contribute to the development of new law and the interpretation of existing regulation. We helped revise U.S. law governing secured transactions under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- Our analysis of significant credit agreements for private deals in the U.S. provides our clients with current valuable information.
Proven Track Record
Structuring successful deals requires a blend of knowledge and experience. Our corporate finance lawyers deliver both to clients around the world. We have long represented some of the most active lenders in the market.
- Our lawyers worked on over 550 complex lending and financing transactions globally in 2012, from middle market loans to billion-dollar-plus financings. This gives us a solid understanding of the current global financing and regulatory environment.
- We were recognized with Structured Finance and Securitization Deal of the Year at the 2012 IFLR European Awards for the firm's work advising Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch in connection with the £302 million Commercial Mortgage Backed Securitization (CMBS) by DECO 2011-CSPK. The transaction was the first CMBS placed into the market in Europe since 2007.
- Our firm was also honored with Best China Deal of the Year 2012 by FinanceAsia for our role advising the lead arrangers in providing US$470 million acquisition financing to Home Inns in connection with its purchase of Motel 168.
- Paul Hastings is regularly recognized by Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 for its leading global finance practice and lawyers.
Innovative Thinking across Borders
Today’s market demands new thinking as well as established resources. We deliver both. Paul Hastings continues to lead the industry in developing sophisticated financial and investment solutions for our clients’ financing needs. When it comes to international finance, our global team has the depth of experience that clients – and markets – demand.
Much of our finance work centers on cross-border fundraising for a wide range of international companies headquartered in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. The complex financing environment has led us to develop a number of innovative structures for and with them, including long-term clients such as Bank of America, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, GE Capital, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Nomura, Royal Bank of Canada, UBS, and Wells Fargo.