Our recent client successes include:
- Recognized with Structured Finance and Securitization Deal of the Year at the 2013 IFLR European Awards for the firm's work advising Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch as arranger and lead manager in connection with a €887 million European CMBS for a German multi-family property portfolio owned by the Vitus Group. This is the second year in a row we have won this prestigious award.
- Awarded China Law & Practice Equity Deal of the Year for our work advising Haitong International, J.P. Morgan, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, UBS, HSBC, Nomura, Standard Chartered, BOCOM International, and other underwriters in Haitong Securities Co. Ltd.’s US$1.68 billion Hong Kong Initial Public Offering and listing of its H-shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Awarded M&A Advisor’s International Restructuring Deal of the Year. Represented UBS AG, Stamford Branch as the agent on a senior credit facility, which worked with company lenders to restructure and arrange additional financing for PlayPower, an international manufacturer of playground equipment.
- Handled complex lending and financing transactions, ranging from middle-market loans to billion-dollar-plus financings, for several clients including Barclays, Citigroup, GE Capital, JP Morgan, Royal Bank of Canada, UBS, Wells Fargo, and other significant banking clients.
READ MORE (+/-)
- Represented UBS in high-stakes litigation relating to complex financial instruments such as collateralized debt obligations (CDOs), credit default swaps (CDS), mortgage-backed securities (MBS), auction rate securities (ARS), and other exotic derivatives.
- Represented Bancorp, Inc., Bank United, Carlyle, Citigroup, Liberty Bank, Guardian, and People’s United Bank in bank mergers and acquisitions, through both unique acquisition structures and FDIC-assisted transactions.
- Represented financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank Securities, Piper Jaffray, Jefferies & Co., Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, and BNP Paribas as underwriters in international equity and debt capital-raising transactions.
- Represented some of the largest payment systems providers in the world on a wide range of international transactional and regulatory issues, including product development, consumer compliance, and strategic acquisitions.
- Represented major financial institutions such as Morgan Stanley, Royal Bank of Canada, and UBS in evaluating acquisition financings for a broad range of private equity firms including Advent, Apollo, Ares, Bain Capital, Francisco Partners, Investcorp, GTCR, KKR, Leonard Green Partners, Oakhill, and Thoma Bravo.
- Secured a successful ruling to vacate an arbitration award in its entirety for Morgan Stanley.
- Won a jury trial verdict for Wells Fargo in which a jury awarded judgment in favor of each of our client’s claims of conversion, common counts, and breach of contract, to which our client asserted certain rights and remedies as a secured creditor of the dissolved entity.
- Guided financial services clients such as Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, UBS, and Societe Generale through investigations and enforcement actions pursued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Department of Justice, FINRA, and other U.S. and overseas regulators.
- Handled compliance, discrimination, wage & hour, international employment issues, benefits and executive compensation, harassment, wrongful discharge, misappropriation of trade secrets, and FINRA issues for a vast number of our clients. Currently we are working with Goldman Sachs, UBS, BAML, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, GE, and AIG.