Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship
Paul Hastings is committed to building a diverse team of professionals and fostering an inclusive work environment. As part of that commitment, we are pleased to offer the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship to select rising second-year (Class of 2016) law students.
Recipients of the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship will receive a paid 2L summer associate position and a $10,000 scholarship to be distributed as follows: $5,000 will be awarded upon acceptance of an offer to join our summer program; $5,000 will be awarded upon acceptance of an offer to join the firm as a full-time associate.
Click here to see what our 2014 Diversity Scholars have to say about their experience as summer associates.
Scholarship Application Process
We welcome applications from all Class of 2016 law students who:
- Are enrolled full-time at an ABA-accredited law school
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm’s diversity goals as a result of background, experience, personal attributes or characteristics
- Receive an offer to join the Paul Hastings summer program in one of our U.S. offices
- Are likely to practice after graduation in one of our U.S. offices
- Submit a completed application between July 1 and September 30, 2014
- Will not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between January 1, 2015 and August 31, 2015
Recipients will be selected based on the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm’s diversity goals
- Undergraduate and law school academic performance
- Personal achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Community service
- Commitment to succeed as a lawyer in a large, private practice environment
- Personal statement
Candidates must submit the following: (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume, (3) undergraduate and law school transcripts, and (4) a personal statement of 500 words or less addressing the following topics: (a) your commitment to a particular practice area and the city where the Paul Hastings office is located, and (b) how you would contribute to building a diverse work environment if you were to join Paul Hastings following graduation from law school.
Please send your cover letter, resume, transcripts, and personal statement to email@example.com.