PAUL HASTINGS DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
Paul Hastings is committed to building a diverse team of professionals and fostering an inclusive work environment. As part of that commitment, we are pleased to offer the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship to select rising second-year (Class of 2017) law students.
Recipients of the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship will receive a paid 2L summer associate position and a $10,000 scholarship to be distributed as follows: $5,000 will be awarded upon acceptance of an offer to join our summer program; $5,000 will be awarded upon acceptance of an offer to join the firm as a full-time associate.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
We welcome applications from all Class of 2017 law students who:
- Are enrolled full-time at an ABA-accredited law school
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm’s diversity goals as a result of background, experience, personal attributes or characteristics
- Receive an offer to join the Paul Hastings summer program in one of our U.S. offices
- Are likely to practice after graduation in one of our U.S. offices
- Submit a completed application between June 15 and September 15, 2015
- Will not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between January 1, 2016 and August 31, 2016
Recipients will be selected based on the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm’s diversity goals
- Undergraduate and law school academic performance
- Personal achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Community service
- Commitment to succeed as a lawyer in a large, private practice environment
- Personal statement
Candidates must submit the following: (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume, (3) undergraduate and law school transcripts, and (4) a personal statement of 500 words or less addressing the following topics: (a) your commitment to a particular practice area and the city where the Paul Hastings office is located, and (b) how you would contribute to building a diverse work environment if you were to join Paul Hastings following graduation from law school.
Please send your cover letter, resume, transcripts, and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD WINNERS
We are pleased to announce the 2015 Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award winners, Quinn Dang and Sam Sadeghi.
Quinn Dang is a 2L student at Georgetown University Law Center. After learning English at age 6, Quinn continued her efforts to help others accomplish the same goal by teaching English at a local trade school in Vietnam and an elementary school in China while completing her undergraduate degree at Harvard University. Quinn will be joining the San Diego office as a 2015 Summer Associate.
Sam Sadeghi is a 2L student at UCLA School of Law. Born in Iran, Sam and his family sought asylum in the U.S. when Sam was a teenager. Sam graduated summa cum laude from Texas Christian University, where he created a program to help incoming diverse students transition to college. Sam will be joining the Orange County office as a 2015 Summer Associate.
Please join us in congratulating Quinn and Sam on this recognition of their commitment and achievements. We look forward to welcoming them to Paul Hastings next summer.
Click here to see what our 2014 Diversity Scholars have to say about their experience as summer associates.