Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm received top-tiered Nationwide rankings in the United States, Japan, and remains one of only five firms to be ranked in South Korea for patent litigation in the 2019 edition of IAM Patent 1000. In addition to its national rankings, the firm’s ranking in California for patent litigation jumped to Silver, along with a Silver ranking in Washington, D.C., and a Gold ranking in New York.
IAM continues to recognize the firm’s Intellectual Property practice for strength in patent litigation, post-grant proceedings, International Trade Commission §337 Investigations, and Federal Circuit appellate litigation.
“Paul Hastings has been going gangbusters in patent litigation lately and has a lot of momentum in the market at a time when many of its competitors are flat,” said IAM in its report. IAM noted the firm’s expertise in technology, life sciences, and a leading “cream of the crop” PTAB practice that secured Post-grant Firm of the Year honors at the inaugural Global IP Awards. Citing an excellent trial bench that is “brilliant at trial,” appellate strength and global capabilities, IAM described the firm as “a compelling choice for the most challenging and multifaceted cases.” IAM further noted “Paul Hastings has one of the most mature and sophisticated patent litigation practices in the United States.”
In addition to the firm rankings, 15 Paul Hastings partners were recognized in the following jurisdictions:
Yar Chaikovsky – International Trade Commission; Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Blair Jacobs – International Trade Commission; Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Naveen Modi – Post-grant Proceedings
Joseph Palys – Post-grant Proceedings
Yar Chaikovsky – Litigation
Chris Kennerly – Litigation
Robert Unikel – Litigation
Joseph O'Malley – Litigation
Bruce Wexler – Litigation
Eric Dittmann – Litigation
Preston Ratliff – Litigation
Chad Peterman – Litigation
Samuel Waxman – Transactions
Naveen Modi – Litigation
Blair Jacobs – Litigation
Joseph Palys – Litigation
Allan Soobert – Litigation
Hiroyuki Hagiwara – Litigation; Transactions
Jong Han Kim – Litigation
The IAM Patent 1000 includes top patent firms and professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe. The guide is compiled after an extensive research process, with 1,800 interviews conducted. Individuals qualify for a listing in the IAM Patent 1000 when they receive sufficient positive feedback from peers and clients with knowledge of their practice and the market within which they operate. Firms qualify for a listing on the basis of their depth of expertise, market presence, and the level of work on which they are typically engaged.
Recognition from IAM Patent 1000 follows a steady stream of accolades for the firm’s Intellectual Property practice, including:
- Bruce Wexler, Eric Dittmann, and Isaac Ashkenazi were named “New York Trailblazers” by the New York Law Journal.
- The firm was named Life Sciences Litigation Firm of the Year by Managing Intellectual Property.
- Naveen Modi was named PTAB Outstanding Litigator of the Year by Managing Intellectual Property.
- The firm was shortlisted by Benchmark Litigation for "California - Intellectual Property Litigation Firm of the Year"
- Yar Chaikovsky was named to Benchmark Litigation’s "Silicon Valley Attorney of the Year" Short List.
- The firm was named 2019 Post-Grant Firm of the Year in IAM Magazine’s Global IP Awards.
- The firm was named Hatch-Waxman Litigation Firm of the Year – Branded by LMG Life Sciences.
- The firm was named American Lawyer’s 2018 Transatlantic IP Team of the Year.
- Yar Chaikovsky was named by Law360 as an Appellate MVP for high-profile patent wins on behalf of Trend Micro and HTC.
- The Daily Journal named Yar Chaikovsky to its list of Top IP Lawyers in California.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.