Seven Paul Hastings Partners Named Life Sciences Stars
New York, NY – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm’s Life Sciences Patent Litigation practice earned top honors in the 2018 edition of LMG Life Sciences, with the firm ranked as “Highly Recommended” in the General Patent Litigation and Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation (Branded) categories. LMG Life Sciences noted the firm’s “booming presence in the life sciences IP space,” while also highlighting its strong post-grant patent office group.
In addition to the firm’s “Highly Recommended” rankings, seven partners were recognized as 2018 “Life Sciences Stars” for their outstanding work in life sciences, including Eric Dittmann, Gary Giampetruzzi, Naveen Modi, Joseph O’Malley, Chad Peterman, Preston Ratliff, and Bruce Wexler.
Earlier this year, LMG Life Sciences honored the firm with the LMG Life Sciences award for Hatch-Waxman Litigation Firm of the Year – Branded.
The Paul Hastings Life Sciences practice has regularly been honored including:
- The firm was named American Lawyer’s 2018 Transatlantic IP Team of the Year.
- The firm was nationally ranked by Managing Intellectual Property in Patent Contentious, PTAB Litigation, and Life Sciences.
- The firm received top-tiered nationwide rankings from IAM Patent 1000 in the United States, Japan, and South Korea.
- In 2018, the firm was named one of Law360’s Life Sciences Practice Groups of the Year.
- Isaac Ashkenazi was named a Life Sciences Rising Star by Law360.
- Joseph O’Malley was named an Intellectual Property Trailblazer by the National Law Journal for his work on behalf of Helsinn Healthcare.
- Patexia, Inc. recognized Naveen Modi as the most active attorney representing petitioners and patent owners in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, noting that Modi's workload of 240 cases is the most among the 5,000 attorneys who have worked on IPRs since 2012.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.