Our Houston office, home to a growing interdisciplinary team, serves as the U.S. base of our global Energy practice. We help an array of clients from across the energy industry, as well as other key sectors, navigate new paths to growth.
Recent Client Successes
Advised the conflicts committee of Crestwood Midstream Partners LP on the US$7.5B merger of Crestwood Midstream and Crestwood Equity Partners LP.
Represented Parker Drilling Company in securing a precedent-setting result arising from a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation.
Represented JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and other global banks in connection with a US$1.2B billion revolving credit facility for Murphy Oil.
An Innovative Legal Team
We serve our clients as business advisors, helping them overcome critical challenges and take advantage of timely opportunities—from bet-the-company litigation to first-of-their-kind cross-border deals.
- The firm is home to one of the world’s premier Energy practices, with a global footprint that enables us to work across borders and practices to help our clients achieve success.
- Based in Houston, our Oil and Gas practice advises upstream, midstream, and oil field services and financial services firms on M&A and divestitures, corporate and tax structuring, and capital markets matters.
- Our Corporate practice provides integrated services for a variety of complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities and capital markets, master limited partnerships, compliance, bankruptcy and lending, as well as strategic alliances, franchising, distribution, and licensing.
- Our global team of Private Equity lawyers advises private equity companies, investment banks, and investors through all stages of complex private equity transactions.
- Our dedicated Project Development and Finance practice provides comprehensive advice covering all aspects of projects.
- Our strong Litigation practice leads high-profile global clients to landmark victories.
Our Oil & Gas App
Our global Oil & Gas mobile app, available for download for the iPad and iPhone, includes a glossary of more than 300 commonly used oil and gas terms to help users navigate the complex, fast-moving oil and gas industry. The app also offers access to breaking industry news, insights from our lawyers on relevant energy issues, and links to additional industry resources. DOWNLOAD NOW