Office Chair: Scott Flicker
The Washington, D.C. office was recently recognized by PLC Which Lawyer? for its Intellectual Property team. This office is home to many prominent lawyers who offer clients insights and knowledge drawn from their previous distinguished service in the executive and legislative branches of government.
Our office in the nation's capital is well-established in the Washington, D.C. legal, business, and government communities.
Our clients are our top priority and their interests come first. As a result, the Washington, D.C. office provides access to a full complement of our premier global practices. This includes:
- An experienced Antitrust and Competition practice that represents many of the world’s leading business and financial enterprises.
- An Anticorruption practice, recognized as one of the best in the U.S. for compliance advice and investigations.
- A top-ranked Employment Law practice that helps companies implement effective workplace strategies, minimize the risk of litigation, and defend their interests when disputes do arise.
- One of the world’s premier Energy practices, with a global footprint that enables us to work across borders and practices to help our clients achieve success.
- An Intellectual Property practice with a robust client list that includes Fortune 100 companies.
- Experienced trial lawyers that represent prominent institutions and individuals in almost every type of securities litigation. We have defended our victories and pursued our clients’ interests on appeal, all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, often setting precedent along the way.
- A Technology practice that represents a wide variety of tech companies worldwide – from large multinationals to innovative start-ups – as well as the investment banks and private equity and venture capital firms that finance them.
Our clients are our top priority, and their interests come first. Lawyers in our Washington, D.C. office recently assisted in representing Shuanghui International Holdings Limited in its US$7.1 billion acquisition of Smithfield Foods, Inc. This is the largest acquisition of a U.S. company by a Chinese company to date. Read more
We continue to add top talent to our office. Most recently, prominent lawyer Sherrese Smith joined our Washington, D.C. office as a partner in the firm’s Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) and Privacy and Data Security practices. Ms. Smith previously served as Chief Counsel to the Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission and prior to that was General Counsel at Washington Post Digital. She offers clients significant private sector and high-level government experience in media, communications, privacy, data security, content, and digital technology issues. Read more