is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. She focuses her practice on corporate finance and restructuring transactions. Ms. Plaskon regularly represents investment banks, commercial finance companies, hedge funds, and other lenders as well as borrowers in acquisition financings, leveraged buyouts, tender offers and recapitalizations, and other syndicated lending and capital market transactions. She also has extensive experience in representing the agent bank, lending group, or steering committee in Chapter 11 cases or out-of-court restructurings and workouts.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Senior Funding as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, and Morgan Stanley Senior Funding as administrative agent, collateral agent, and lender, on the US$125 million financing for XPO Logistics, a provider of logistics services for freight transportation services. The financing consisted of a US$125 million senior secured asset based revolving facility.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Senior Funding as agent and Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Credit Suisse Securities, Deutsche Bank Securities, J.P. Morgan Securities, and Citigroup Global Markets as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners on the increase of XPO Logistics revolving loan credit facility from US$125 million to US$415 million.
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank as lead arranger and administrative agent on the US$160 million financing for U.S. Xpress Enterprises, a truckload carrier. The financing consisted of a US$135 million asset based revolving facility and a US$25 million term loan facility. Represented Wells Fargo Bank, National Association, as agent, lead arranger, and book runner with a refinancing of US$135 million asset-based revolving facility for U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc. and certain of its affiliates dated May 30th, 2014.
- Handled major transactions for financial institutions such as Morgan Stanley, UBS, Barclays Capital, J.P. Morgan, General Electric Capital Corporation, and Wells Fargo Finance as well as borrower clients Centerline, Cequel Communications, and The Related Companies.
- Represented either the agent bank or lender group in the bankruptcy cases or out-of-court restructures involving, among others, BearingPoint, Eddie Bauer, New Vision Broadcasting, Crescent Resources, Greatwide Logistics Services, Leiner Health Products, Lenox China Inc., and Allegiance Telecom.
- Acted as counsel for numerous debtor-in-possession and exit financings for the lenders to, among others, Dana, Remy International, Allied Holdings, NRG, Laidlaw, Exodus Communications, Filene's Basement, Core-Mark International and Penn Traffic.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Wrote for the New York Law Journal
- Lectured for the Distressed Debt Investing Forum and the Strategic Research Institute
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1988
- Tulane University, B.A., 1985 (Phi Beta Kappa)