Christopher Fong is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. He is a member of the Global Restructuring practice. He regularly represents debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, and committees in bankruptcy cases and out-of-court workouts.
Mr. Fong served as a law clerk to the Honorable Arthur J. Gonzalez from 2008 to 2009 in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Fong received his L.L.M. in Bankruptcy from St. John’s University School of Law (American Bankruptcy Institute Scholarship) in 2008, his J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law (Dean’s List) in 2007, and his B.A. in Political Science from New York University, cum laude, in 2004. He is a member of the State Bar of New York and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of NewPage Corporation
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of AbitibiBowater, Inc.
- FairPoint Communications, Inc. as chapter 11 debtors
- The prepetition and DIP agent in the chapter 11 cases of Friendly's Ice Cream Corporation
- The secured lenders in the chapter 11 cases of American Safety Razor Co.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Creditors and Rule 9019(a): Casting Doubt on the Trustee’s Sole Authority to Settle Claims of the Estate, 82 Am. Bankr. L.J. 591 (2008).