is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s San Francisco office. He focuses on environmental and land use law, and government advocacy. His practice includes permitting, enforcement, transactional and litigation issues on behalf of real estate developers, energy project developers, commercial property owners, public agencies, manufacturers, and environmental service and waste management companies.
Mr. Hart's work on behalf of clients encompasses the following:
- Obtaining and renewing permits, authorizations and entitlements from local, state and federal agencies under various state and federal land use and environmental laws;
- Supervising the preparation of environmental impact reports and statements, remedial action plans, risk management plans, and similar plans and reports;
- Defending against litigation challenging projects under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and other state and federal planning and environmental statutes;
- Supervising environmental due diligence efforts, drafting and negotiating environmental provisions in purchase and sale agreements, land use covenants and other property transfer and documents;
- Drafting and negotiating environmental remediation contracts and environmental insurance policies;
- Defending environmental enforcement actions brought by state and federal regulatory agencies and negotiating consent decrees and other enforceable agreements;
- Lobbying the Califoria State Legislature and executive agencies on legislative and regulatory proposals.