Accolades and Recognitions
Chambers and Partners Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (2013), Chambers and Partners USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013) and The Legal 500 (United States) (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013) rank Mr. Profaizer as a leading attorney in international arbitration.
According to Chambers:
- "Joseph Profaizer is praised for his ability ‘to be open to the dynamics of the case.’ His expertise includes both commercial and investment treaty arbitration, and one client enthuses: ‘I give him high marks on everything.’"
- “Clients are united in their opinion that Mr. Profaizer is ‘the guy you go to if you want to get things done.’ Hard-working and attentive, he is ‘always on top of things and gifted with strong strategic vision.’
- “Joseph Profaizer is held in high esteem by clients, who praise the ‘depth and breadth of his knowledge and his excellent strategic approach.’
- “Clients praise Joseph Profaizer for his ability to ‘hone in on the important aspects and make you really think through the issues.' He handles commercial, political risk and investor-state arbitrations."
- "Joseph Profaizer's 'insightful advice, sound judgment and broad experience are invaluable resources in sensitive matters,' say sources. He has a solid practice covering investor-state and commercial arbitration work.
The Legal 500 (United States) reports that:
- “Joe Profaizer provides clients with ‘quality of service that is nothing short of brilliant,’ and ‘possesses, according to one UK-based client, ‘all-round qualities that are so exceptional, I wrote to the Law Society telling them so.’”
- Joseph Profaizer’s “[d]epth and breadth of knowledge in the subject matter but, more importantly, the potential strategy and environment of the ‘other side’ prove invaluable.”
- “Washington-DC based Joseph Profaizer provides ‘faultless service.’ With ‘an exceptionally pleasant demeanor,’ he is a highly knowledgeable litigator with experience litigating in over 35 countries across a range of industry sectors.”
- “Joseph Profaizer is recommended for his ‘expertise’ and ‘great experience combined with an operational understanding.’”
Mr. Profaizer’s “positive reviews from clients,” including recognition of “all-round qualities as a lawyer” has also been recognized by the Global Arbitration Review (GAR) 100 (2009). He has been listed by GAR 100 as a "name to know" every year from 2009 to 2013.