Joydeep Dasmunshi is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Chicago office. His practice focuses primarily on the areas of mergers & acquisitions and private equity.
Mr. Dasmunshi also represents public and private companies on issues relating to corporate governance and securities law matters, including public and private offerings of securities and general corporate matters. He joined the firm from the corporate department of a multinational law firm.
- Represented GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company, in the sale of Thomas Medical Products, Inc. to Merit Medical Systems, Inc. for the purchase price of $167 million subject to customary post-closing adjustments.
- Represented Pfingsten Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm, in its acquisition of Dynapower Company, a designer and manufacturer of AC and DC power supplies, energy management systems and power transformers.
- Represented Misumi Group Inc., a Japanese manufacturing company, in its $200 million acquisition of Dayton Progress Corporation, the largest die components maker in the United States, and the components business of the Anchor Danly Company.
- Represented a public diversified technology and financial services corporation in the divestiture of a healthcare technology business to the US subsidiary of an SIX Swiss Exchange-listed company.
- Represented a public utility services holding company in its $7.9 billion acquisition of a public energy company and utility.
- Represented a public derivatives exchange to establish an index services joint venture with annual revenue of more than $400 million with a public financial information and education company.
- Represented a private equity fund in the $126 million going-private acquisition of its affiliate company.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2009 (cum laude)
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor, B.B.A., 2004 (with high distinction)