Michael Lukens is an associate in the Environmental practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office.
His practice primarily consists of environmental regulatory counseling and environmental due diligence for corporate clients. His representation includes providing legal counsel on environmental issues such as petroleum storage regulations, state agency permitting, compliance with international environmental regulations, and oversight of pollution remediations.
Michael received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Hofstra University in 2005, where he was a member of the Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal. He received his B.S. from Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania in 2000.
- Manufacturers of electronic equipment in complying with the European Union Directive on the Restriction on Hazardous Substances
- Client in obtaining approvals from the Environmental Protection Agency and the Maritime Administration for the export and disposal of large-scale naval equipment
- Clients in preparing environmental due diligence associated with acquisitions of manufacturing, retail, landfill, and utility holding companies
- Client in developing and implementing a cross-border security plan for the importation of solid waste
- Clients engaged in remedial efforts under the Comprehensive Environmental Resources, Compensation and Liability Act
- Telecommunications client with standardized practices for the placing of communication towers and antennas in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act, the National Historic Preservation Act, and the California Environmental Quality Act