is a partner in the Employment Law practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Grossman represents major private employers in all aspects of employment law, including class action, wage and hour, wrongful discharge, discrimination, sexual harassment, and whistleblower cases. He is the general counsel of the California Employment Law Council (CELC), an organization of approximately 50 of California’s largest employers, which has as its mission the development of moderate employment law through amicus briefs, education, and legislative activities.
Accolades and Recognitions
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers wrote in 2009: “The leading labour and employment counsel in the world, according to our findings, is Paul Grossman of the Los Angeles offices of Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker.” In 2010, that organization named him “Global Management Labour & Employment Lawyer of the Year” for the third time, stating “We have no hesitation in declaring him the leading lawyer in the world for management labour and employment expertise once more.” Who’s Who also found in 2010 that Paul Hastings had the world’s strongest management employment practice, an honor it has received for five consecutive years.
- Chambers USA in 2012 rated Mr. Grossman the top employment litigator in California, and rated Paul Hastings as having the best employment litigation practice in California.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Mr. Grossman is the co-author of Lindemann & Grossman, Employment Discrimination Law, the official book of the American Bar Association in its field — the fourth edition was released in 2007. It has been cited on multiple occasions by the U.S. Supreme Court and the courts of every circuit and is generally regarded as the principal publication in its field.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1964 (member, board of editors, Yale Law Journal)
- Amherst College, B.A., 1961