In the United States, Mr. Pascual has represented companies, investment banking and private equity firms, and venture capital investors in numerous private and public offerings, mergers and acquisitions and investment transactions.
Representative transactions include:
- Initial Public Offering of Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc. ($77 million);
- Acquisitions of Compassionate Healthcare Management Group, Inc., Altus Healthcare and Hospice, Inc. and Grace Hospice, LLC by Halcyon Home Health, LLC, a Health Evolution Partners portfolio company;
- Represented ExamWorks Group, Inc. in the offer and sale of $250 million aggregate principal amount of its 9% Senior Unsecured Notes;
- Represented majority stockholder in recapitalization of Iron Data Solutions, Inc. by Arlington Capital Partners;
- Represented Independent Trustees of Stadion Investment Trust in TA Associates’ majority investment in Stadion Money Management, LLC;
- Acquisition of MES Group, Inc. by ExamWorks Group, Inc. for $210 million;
- Initial Public Offering of ExamWorks Group, Inc. ($190 million);
- Acquisition of 27 specialty healthcare companies with an aggregate purchase price in excess of $225 million for ExamWorks Group, Inc.;
- Sale of TurboChef Technologies, Inc. to The Middleby Corporation for $200 million;
- Acquisition and recapitalization of NRI Construction, Inc. by Atlanta Equity Investors, LLC;
- Sale of Kurt Salmon Associates, Inc. to Management Consulting Group PLC for $125 million;
- Sale of Surgical Information Systems, LLC to Vista Equity Partners;
- Sale of DVT Corporation, an Arcapita portfolio company, to Cognex Corporation for $115 million;
- Sale of PracticeWorks, Inc. to Eastman Kodak Company for $500 million;
- Acquisition of controlling interest in TurboChef Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: OVEN);
- Acquisition of Trophy Radiologie S.A. in Paris, France, for $53 million;
- Public Offering by TurboChef Technologies, Inc. ($102 million);
- Public Offering by PracticeWorks, Inc. ($80 million); and
- Initial Public Offering of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts ($72 million).
Mr. Pascual’s securities and mergers and acquisitions experience also includes substantial engagements in Latin America, where he facilitates transactions by effectively combining his language skills and deep understanding of the culture and business environment with his substantial transactional experience. Representative transactions include:
- Representation of Banco Hipotecario S.A., the Argentine national mortgage bank, in its multi-billion-dollar privatization and $250 million initial public offering;
- Banco Hipotecario S.A. in two issuances under its Global Medium Term Note Program ($150 million and $30 million); and
- Representation of investor group in acquisition of Grupo Numar in Costa Rica and Nicaragua ($100 million).
Mr. Pascual’s investment management focus is on the representation of numerous investment companies, investment advisers and hedge funds in the Southeast and nationally. For many years, Mr. Pascual chaired the largest Southeastern-based investment management practice. In that capacity, he has led the formation of dozens of mutual funds and hedge funds; and has represented investment advisers in numerous corporate, transactional, compliance and regulatory matters, including SEC examinations, investigations and enforcement procedures, and fund boards in connection with best practices and governance matters. Mr. Pascual has also represented the Independent Distribution Consultant of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in connection with the distribution plan for $125 million to mutual fund investors related to CIBC’s SEC settlement for late-trading and market timing. In 2009, Mr. Pascual was a nominee for independent counsel of the year by Fund Directions.