Timothy L. Dickinson is a partner in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. With over 30 years experience in the field of anti-corruption law, Mr. Dickinson’s practice encompasses a number of areas, including all aspects of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.S. export laws, economic sanctions, ITAR regulations (including enforcement actions), and political risk insurance. Mr. Dickinson works closely with a wide range of industries on FCPA matters, including establishment and implementation of compliance programs, due diligence for third parties and acquisitions, special investigations and defense before regulators in the U.S. as well as abroad, including the U.K.’s Serious Fraud Office. Mr. Dickinson also represents political risk insurance entities dealing with coverage issues, arbitration of disputes, and recovery activities. He has worked on major infrastructure projects in the Middle East and Asia and has represented foreign governments in matters involving public international law, including treaty rights, expropriation, and sovereign immunity.
Accolades and Recognitions
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 among the very few attorneys ranked as top-tier FCPA experts
- Named by Ethisphere at the top of their FCPA 2009 list of Attorneys Who Matter
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Columbia University, L.L.M., 1980
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1979
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1975