Zachary Fasman is a partner in the Employment Law Department and national co-chair of the firm’s Employment Discrimination practice. He represents management in employment discrimination, labor relations and employee benefits matters and litigation.
Mr. Fasman has litigated cases ranging from nationwide class actions to jury trials of individual employment discrimination claims, and has argued numerous cases in both state and federal appellate courts, including two successful arguments before the United States Supreme Court. In addition to his extensive employment litigation background, Mr. Fasman maintains a substantial traditional labor law practice representing employers in collective bargaining and before the National Labor Relations Board and in the federal courts.
Accolades and Recognitions
- Chambers USA ranked in Band 1 among the top labor and employment lawyers in New York
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America (20+ years)
- Named one of “America’s Top 100 Employment Law Attorney’s” by Lawdragon
- Named to “New York Area’s Best Lawyers” by New York Magazine (2005 2013), and “New York’s Super Lawyers” (2006-2013)
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell® (20+ years)
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Lectured on topics ranging from appellate advocacy to legal ethics at law schools throughout the country.
- Teaches employment law to members of the federal judiciary on behalf of the Federal Judicial Center and New York University Law School.
- Author of three books and numerous articles on employment and labor law and lectures frequently on labor and employment law issues throughout the country.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. (with honors, Order of the Coif), 1972
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1969