The Rule and Role of Law
With rapidly changing geopolitics, global market shifts, and massive industry disruption, the rule and role of law have never been more critical to corporate strategy and its ability to create and protect value.
Today’s challenging legal environment has extended beyond the realm of the general counsel. It is reshaping the operational, reputational and organizational risks and opportunities facing corporations, making the law a board issue for corporations and stakeholders the world over. How should boards respond effectively to these changes, and sustain success in an era of such uncertainty?
Join us, along with our distinguished keynote speakers, Robert Rubin and Lewis Kaden, and other industry and legal experts, as we consider the following key areas:
- Does law and regulation capture the current and potential impact of digital transformation?
- How will regulatory change affect cross-border business and investment growth? What will drive greater fragmentation or increased harmonization of regulation globally?
- How will the evolution of fintech and alternative forms of finance affect the ability of corporates and investors to raise capital and finance growth?
- How can organizations meet cybersecurity and data privacy challenges and still focus on developing a profitable business?
- How do corporations juggle exposure to the increasing scale, costs and extraterritorial reach of regulatory risks—from antitrust to IP to anti-corruption?
The event will feature two dynamic panel discussions focused on the theme of the role of law in creating value and protecting value.
Confirmed speakers include:
Co-Chair Emeritus, Council
on Foreign Relations;
Former U.S. Secretary
of the Treasury
John Harvey Gregory Lecturer
on World Organization,
Harvard Law School;
Former Vice Chairman,
Panel Discussion: The Role of Law in Creating Value and Enabling Growth
Sr. Managing Director
& Chief Legal Officer,
Chief Business Affairs &
Legal Officer and Executive
Vice President, PayPal
Senior Vice President,
Strategic Resources & General Counsel,
U.S. Managing Editor,
Panel Discussion: The Role of Law in Protecting and Embedding Value