As life sciences and tech businesses come together to innovate in diverse fields such as biotech, robotics, pharma, digital health, wearables, medical devices, and AI/big data, among others, companies in these arenas will find themselves in a world of intellectual property that is increasingly accelerating in growth—one in which the IP laws relating to life science and technology begin to amalgamate. Paul Hastings’ IP Practice and Berkeley’s Center for Law & Technology, with their depth of experience in both worlds, invite you to a half-day conference on Thursday, January 16, 2020, at the Commonwealth Club in the Embarcadero district in San Francisco to help you feel more confident in this brave new world of business.
Reception immediately following the conference on the rooftop of the Commonwealth Club overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. We look forward to seeing you there.
Click RSVP to hold a place in your calendar for this upcoming event.
Topics will include:
- Different Ways Judges and Juries Learn About Tech and Life Sciences Inventions
- Differences in Scope of Claim Construction and its Impact on an Overall Case
- Different Approaches to Patent Eligibility Issues
- How Privacy in Data is Relevant to Inventions
- Trade Secrets in Health Tech
Speakers will include:
- Professor Peter S. Menell, Professor of Law, and Co-Director, Berkeley Center for Law and Technology
- James Dempsey, Executive Director, Berkeley Center for Law and Technology
- Yar Chaikovsky, Global Co-Chair, IP Litigation, Paul Hastings LLP
- Bruce Wexler, Global Co-Chair, IP Litigation, Paul Hastings LLP
- Naveen Modi, Global Vice-Chair, IP Litigation, Paul Hastings LLP
- Sherrese Smith, Global Vice-Chair, Privacy & Cybersecurity, Paul Hastings LLP
- Isaac Ashkenazi, Partner, IP Litigation, Paul Hastings LLP
- Chris Kennerly, Partner, IP Litigation, Paul Hastings LLP
- Merri Moken, Of Counsel, IP Litigation, Paul Hastings LLP
- Preston K. Ratliff II, Partner, IP Litigation, Paul Hastings LLP
- Robert Unikel, Partner, IP Litigation, Paul Hastings LLP
Paul Hastings also invites you to join a reception it is hosting earlier in the week during J.P. Morgan’s 38th Annual Healthcare Conference in San Francisco, CA. The reception will feature an evening of craft beers and cocktails at a vibrant hotspot just steps away from the conference. For more information and to register, please click here.
Paul Hastings Cocktail Reception
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
5:00 – 7:30 pm PST
242 O’Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
*To learn more about Paul Hastings events during the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference week, please click here.