SCHOLARSHIPS, FELLOWSHIPS, AND AWARDS
The firm partners with law schools and organizations to provide a wide variety of scholarships, fellowships, and awards.
- Diversity Scholarship Award- The Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award, established in 2013, is available to select first or second-year law students who demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm’s diversity goals. For more information or to apply for this scholarship award, visit our Diversity Scholarship Award page.
- Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Milan) - Intern Program - Bocconi Job Fairs afford Paul Hastings the opportunity to interview students and graduates of the Bocconi Law University, promoting career opportunities at the firm and raising awareness of our lawyer's work.
- Cornell Law School - Clerkship with the Conseil d’Etat (formerly with the Conseil de Constitutionnel) - Paul Hastings sponsors Cornell Law School’s annual Clerkship, which began with the Conseil de Constitutionnel (French Supreme Court) in 2008, and recently relocated to the Conseil d’ État (French Council of State) where it has remained. The position is held each year by a Cornell graduate distinguished by his or her studies in law and by his or her bilingualism.
- Cornell University - Paul Connell ’73 Scholarship - The Paul Connell ’73 Scholarship was established to provide undergraduate financial assistance to College of Arts and Sciences students with demonstrated financial need enrolled at Cornell University.
- Fudan University - Paul Hastings acts as counsel to the Fudan Endowment Fund on a pro bono basis.
- Handong Global Law School - The firm has contributed to the scholarship fund of Handong Global Law School. Handong is a U.S.-style law school in Korea where a member of the partnership serves on the adjunct faculty.
- Harvard Law School - Hastings Memorial Fund - The Robert P. Hastings Memorial Fund was established in recognition of the distinguished career of founding partner, Robert P. Hastings, who attended Harvard Law School. The scholarships are awarded with a preference for students who, after completion of their first year, have demonstrated excellence in their academic achievements. Collectively, the funds produce several partial tuition scholarship awards for students each year. The scholarship was established in 1996 and was completely endowed in 2009.
- The University of Hong Kong - Paul Hastings Visiting Professorship - The Paul Hastings Visiting Professorship in Corporate and Financial Law enables the Asia Institute of International Financial Law (AIIFL) to bring to Hong Kong experts of international stature. The Visiting Professors strengthen the comparative dimensions of AIIFL research and teaching activities and bring valuable knowledge to students and the community.
- Oxford University - The Paul Hastings Law Scholarship at Oxford University, first presented in Fall 2011, supports an outstanding and financially-deserving postgraduate law student, with a particular focus on students from diverse backgrounds.
- University of Paris Panthèon-Assas - Paul Hastings partners with the Magistère des Juristes d'Affaires of the University of Paris Panthèon-Assas, one of the top five French universities of law and one of the most prestigious programs for business lawyers in France. Partners from our Paris office serve as lecturers in the program and speakers at external conferences sponsored by the Magistère des Juristes d'Affaires. Our Paris office also welcomes students from the Magistère des Juristes d'Affaires as interns each year.
- UCLA – Barbra L. Davis Scholarship - This scholarship was established in memory of Barbra Davis’s distinguished career at UCLA School of Law and her many contributions to Paul Hastings and the legal profession. Second-year and/or second-career law students who have demonstrated academic excellence and have expressed an interest in employment law are eligible.
- UCLA – Paul Hastings Endowed Chair in Corporate and Securities Law - The Paul Hastings Endowed Chair in Corporate and Securities Law supports the teaching, research, and public service activities of a distinguished legal scholar in the area of corporate and securities law. The endowment also supports faculty recruitment and retention, faculty research, and academic programs at the School of Law.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School – Paul Hastings Scholars Program - The Paul Hastings Law Preview Scholarship, first awarded in 2012, covers the cost of the Law Preview program for five incoming Penn Law School students. Scholars also may be assigned to an attorney mentor. In keeping with our firm's commitment to improving diversity in the legal profession, preference for this scholarship is given to members of historically underrepresented groups in the legal profession, members of the LGBT community, and/or individuals who are the first in their immediate families (excluding siblings) to attend college.
- USC - Robert G. Lane Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship was established in memory of Robert G. Lane, a former Managing Partner who retired from Paul Hastings in 1993 and became General Counsel of USC, his alma mater. The scholarship is administered by USC.
- College of Law, Xiamen University – Paul Hastings Scholarships - The Paul Hastings Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate and post-graduate law students at Xiamen University. Scholarships are open to four undergraduate students and six postgraduate students. Awards are open to 10 graduate students.
- Yale Law School – Public Interest Split Summer Program - The firm sponsors Public Interest Split Summer Associates each year. The program is directed by Yale Law School and is open to all U.S. law students. The firm pays each summer associate in the program for the entire summer while they split with an approved public interest organization.
- Berkeley Law School – Paul Hastings Intellectual Property Scholars Program - The Paul Hastings Law Preview IP Scholarship, first awarded in 2013, covers the cost of the Law Preview program for five incoming Berkeley Law students who are interested in the field of Intellectual Property Law. Scholars also may be assigned to an attorney mentor. The Paul Hastings Intellectual Property Scholars program is among several firm initiatives designed to increase the number of patent agents, trademark/trade secret specialists, engineers, scientists and doctors who wish to pursue a career as intellectual property law practitioners.