PAUL HASTINGS DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Paul Hastings is committed to building a diverse team of professionals and fostering an inclusive work environment. As part of that commitment, we are pleased to offer the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award to select first or second-year law students.
Recipients of the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award will receive a paid 1L and/or 2L summer associate position and a $10,000 scholarship to be distributed as follows: $5,000 will be awarded upon joining our summer program; $5,000 will be awarded upon joining the firm as a full-time associate following graduation from law school.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
We welcome applications from all 1L and 2L law students who:
- Are enrolled full-time at an ABA-accredited law school
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm’s diversity goals as a result of background, experience, personal attributes or characteristics
- Apply and receive an offer to join the Paul Hastings summer program in one of our U.S. offices
- Are likely to practice after graduation in one of our U.S. offices
- 1L applicants must submit a completed application by February 1, of their 1L year
- 2L applicants must submit a completed application by September 1, of their 2L year
- Will not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between January 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019
Recipients will be selected based on the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm’s diversity goals
- Undergraduate and law school academic performance
- Personal achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Community service
- Commitment to succeed as a lawyer in a large, private practice environment
- Personal statement
2018 Diversity Scholarship Award Winner
We are pleased to announce the 2018 Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award winners.
University of Virginia ‘20
Ledah Geller graduated from Dartmouth College where she majored in Sociology and minored in Hispanic Studies. After graduating college prior to beginning law school, Ledah worked as a Legal Intern at Our Kids of Miami-Dade/Monroe. Ledah attends the University of Virginia School of Law where she is a member of the Latino American Law Organization and Women of Color Student Organization.
University of Pennsylvania ‘19
Patricia Liverpool graduated from Dartmouth College where she double majored in English and Applied Mathematics and minored in Sociology. After graduating college prior to attending law school, Patricia worked as a Litigation Project Assistance at a major Washington, DC law firm in addition to being selected for and participating in the Sponsors for Educational Opportunity program. Patricia attends the University of Pennsylvania Law School where she serves as Communications Editor of The Regulatory Review and is a member of the Black Law Students Association.
Columbia Law School ‘20
Yesenia Rascon graduated from Columbia University where she double majored in History and French and Francophone Studies. After graduating college prior to attending law school, Yesenia worked as a Corporate Paralegal at a major New York City law firm in addition to being selected for and participating in the Sponsors for Educational Opportunity program. Yesenia attends Columbia Law School, where she serves as her class representative for the Latino/a Law Students Association and Domestic Violence Project, is a member of the Black Law Students Association Social Committee and a translator for the Immigrants’ Rights Clinic.
Additionally, we are pleased to welcome back 2017 Diversity Scholarship Award winner, NY Summer Associate, Taylor Davis, who will return to the Firm this summer.
Cornell Law School ‘19
Please join us in congratulating the 2018 Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award Recipients on this recognition of achievements and commitment to promoting diversity. Click here to see what our former Diversity Scholarship Award winners have to say about their experience as Summer Associates.