PAUL HASTINGS DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Paul Hastings is committed to building a diverse team of professionals and fostering an inclusive work environment. As part of that commitment, we are pleased to offer the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award to select first or second-year law students.
Recipients of the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award will receive a paid 1L and/or 2L summer associate position and a $10,000 scholarship to be distributed as follows: $5,000 will be awarded upon joining our summer program; $5,000 will be awarded upon joining the firm as a full-time associate following graduation from law school.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
We welcome applications from all 1L and 2L law students who:
- Are enrolled full-time at an ABA-accredited law school
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm’s diversity goals as a result of background, experience, personal attributes or characteristics
- Apply and receive an offer to join the Paul Hastings summer program in one of our U.S. offices
- Are likely to practice after graduation in one of our U.S. offices
- 1L applicants must submit a completed application by February 1, of their 1L year
- 2L applicants must submit a completed application by September 1, of their 2L year
- Will not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between January 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019
Recipients will be selected based on the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm’s diversity goals
- Undergraduate and law school academic performance
- Personal achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Community service
- Commitment to succeed as a lawyer in a large, private practice environment
- Personal statement
2019 Diversity Scholarship Award Winner
We are pleased to announce the 2019 Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award winners.
Georgetown University ‘20
Daniel Kim graduated from Georgetown University Walsh School of Politics where he majored in International Politics and Security Studies. After graduating college prior to attending law school, Daniel served as Platoon Leader, Executive Offices and Logistics Offices for the United States Army. Daniel attends Georgetown University Law Center where he is a member of the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics and Military Law Society.
Georgia State ‘21
Logan Kirkes graduated from The University of Georgia where he majored in economics. Logan attends Georgia State University College of Law where he is a member of the Business & Law Society.
Please join us in congratulating the 2019 Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award Recipients on this recognition of achievements and commitment Click here to see what our former Diversity Scholarship Award winners have to say about their experience as Summer Associates.