Companies of all kinds are re-evaluating their real estate space needs in this economic climate.One important way to shed excess space or to obtain alternate, discounted space is through subleasing.
Our webinar focused on practical insights from Steve Berkman, a nationally recognized real estate lawyer with extensive experience representing major corporate users of real estate. Steve regularly advises on headquarters and other facilities acquisitions and leasing (including some of the largest office leases in the Bay Area), sale/leaseback transactions, ground leases, and disposition of excess property.
Steve was joined by Lane Barrasso, who focuses his practice on commercial real estate purchases and sales, leasing, development, and finance. Together, they provided guidance on the most relevant subleasing issues companies need to understand now, including:
- key factors to consider before offering space for sublease;
- specific deal points relevant to both tenants and subtenants;
- the process of obtaining consent from the property owner;
- risks to subtenants and how to mitigate them; and
- fundamentals of a sublease document.
View the slides from the webinar
View the presentation video