The Paul Hastings Latin America team, in partnership with the United States - Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Chapter, hosted a webinar to explore how restructurings in Mexico will respond to the side effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The topics covered include:
- Overview of the legal and business framework for Mexico’s local and cross-border restructurings and bankruptcies;
- The current situation and outlook for Mexican distressed companies and industries as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- The role of the IFECOM and other entities and authorities in these proceedings;
- Workout and capital market perspectives on restructuring processes, negotiations, risk management and lenders protection;
- Recent experiences and outcomes on U.S.-Mexico cross-border restructurings and bankruptcies; and
- Practical challenges for proceedings under the COVID-19 environment.
The following panelists participated in the discussion:
- Edgar Bonilla- Director General, Mexico's Federal Institute of Commercial Bankruptcy Specialists (IFECOM)
- Michael Fitzgerald - Partner, Paul Hastings
- Joy Gallup - Partner, Paul Hastings
- Juan Carlos Machorro - Partner, Santamarina y Steta
- Daniel Nicolaievsky - Co-Head Mexico, Rothschild & Co.
- Jeremy Warren - Head of Financing Solutions Group, HSBC
To view a recording of the webinar, click here.