Alex Leitch is Head of the London Complex Litigation practice. Institutional clients and High Net Worth individuals from around the world engage Mr. Leitch because of his proven ability and track record in resolving complex, high-value and strategically important international problems and disputes. An astute, dynamic and results-driven commercial litigator, he focuses on major disputes arising from all significant commercial relationships. He has particular expertise in major disputes for international clients, and regulatory enforcement work for companies in the financial services, technology and life sciences sectors. Mr. Leitch also frequently advises clients on various strategic issues and challenges facing their businesses. He was one of the first and youngest solicitors to qualify as a solicitor advocate, and regularly undertakes advocacy before the English High Court and other Tribunals.
- Recognized for Commercial Litigation (2015-2016) and Corporate Crime (2015), The Legal 500 UK
- Ranked for Litigation, Chambers UK, 2016-2017
- Inns of Court School of Law, Gray's Inn, London, Bar Vocational Course, 1991
- Hons, B.A., 1990
- Acting for global tech company in successfully resolving collective claims arising from a third party criminal conspiracy to steal customer data
- Advising a major pharma company on insurance claims arising from a cyber-hack
- Handled some of the UK's biggest FCA enforcement actions and Upper Tribunal hearings
- Acted for several institutional clients on a number of the UK's leading antitrust claims in the UK Courts
- Acted for several global investment banks on a major (i.e., plus US$1bn) debt syndication dispute
- Successfully defended various pharmaceutical companies in a number of very substantial cGMP and breach of contract and exclusivity claims
- Defended the former directors of various insolvent public companies in alleged misfeasance claims in excess of £350 million (including handling D&O insurance issues)
- Acted for numerous corporate insurance policyholders in substantial coverage claims against insurance companies - including COVID-19 pandemic claims
- Significant experience of obtaining and defending urgent applications for injunctive relief before the English High Court and beyond.