Andrew Lowndes is an associate in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office.
Mr. Lowndes’ practice focuses on U.K. and cross-border leveraged and acquisition finance and general corporate finance. He has experience acting for creditors and borrowers on a wide range of debt capital structures, including European super senior revolving credit facility, first and second lien loan financings, and unitranche financings.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Lowndes worked in the leveraged and general corporate finance department of an international law firm. He is admitted to practice in South Africa.
- Rhodes University, Grahamstown, Republic of South Africa, Bachelor of Laws, 2012
- Rhodes University, Grahamstown, Republic of South Africa, Bachelor of Commerce, 2010
- Advised Nomura and ING and the other mandated lead arrangers on a €565 million term loan B arranged for the purpose of financing the acquisition of the SIACI St Honore Group by Charterhouse.
- Advised J.P. Morgan Securities PLC and Nomura Bank International PLC on the refinancing of the existing debt of Financière CEP group. The operation involved a €630 million senior facilities debt and €120 million of second lien notes.
- Represented Tritax Big Box REIT plc as borrower under its new unsecured £350 million revolving credit facility alongside issuing £500 million of unsecured bonds issued under its inaugural £1.5 billion Euro medium term note program.
- Represented RPC Group plc on a US$750m bridge term loan facility to be used to part fund the consideration payable in connection with the proposed acquisition of the Letica Group.
- Represented RBS and HSBC as super senior RCF lenders in financing Bruin Sports Capital’s acquisition and merger of Deltatre Group Limited and Massive Interactive Inc.
- Represented pan-European private equity firm Agilitas on the buyout of Hydro International Limited.
- Represented ICG in financing Silverfleet Capital’s majority stake acquisition of escorted tours operator Riviera Travel, a leading specialist holiday operator offering a global portfolio of escorted tours and cruises.
- Represented RBS as coordinator of a syndicate of 8 banks in a £200m and EUR130m facility to Claranet, a European leader in the growing managed IT services market.
- Represented the lender syndicates in connection with a £1.7 billion Term and Revolving Facilities Agreement and a £300 million Standby Letter of Credit Facility Agreement for Cadent Gas Limited (formerly National Grid Gas Distribution Limited).
- Represented CVC Credit Partners on a unitranche facility to support Bregal Freshstream’s acquisition of Verwater.
The above matters were handled by Mr. Lowndes prior to joining Paul Hastings.