Arturo Carrillo is a partner in the Latin America and Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Mr. Carrillo has represented private and state-owned foreign companies, investment banks, bank groups and sovereign states in cross-border capital markets and liability management transactions, structured financings, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions, with a particular emphasis on Latin America matters.
In addition, Mr. Carrillo has significant experience with European corporate and capital markets transactions, as he was based in Rome, Italy from 2001 through 2004.
Mr. Carrillo is fluent in Spanish and Italian.
- Chambers Global Latin America-International Counsel Capital Markets (2022)
- Chambers Global USA Capital Markets: Debt & Equity (2022)
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1997
- University of Texas at El Paso, B.B.A. (Accounting), 1994 (highest honors)
- Represented Banco del Bajío, one of Mexico’s largest commercial banks, in completing its approximately $500 million IPO.
- Represented Traxión, the largest road transportation and logistics services company in Mexico, in completing its approximately $220 million IPO.
- Represented Nemak, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of powertrain components for the automotive industry, in connection with its inaugural international bond offering of $500 million high yield debt securities. This was one of the most favorably priced debt securities offerings in Latin America at that time.
- Represented Credivalores, a leading non-bank provider of consumer loans in Colombia, in connection with its bond offering totaling $250 million. This was their inaugural bond offering which marked the first-ever international bond offering by a non-bank financial services company in Colombia. Also represented Credivalores in the reopening of these bonds.
- Fibra Uno’s underwriters’ counsel on its IPO and all subsequent international equity and bond offerings. Fibra Uno is now the largest real estate company in Latin America and among the largest real estate companies worldwide.
- Represented Gruma, the world's largest tortilla and corn flour producer, in its $400 million international bond offering, and the redemption of likely then the only corporate perpetual bond ever issued in Mexico. The deal was named "International Corporate Bond of the Year" by LatinFinanceMagazine.
- Banco Inbursa’s underwriters’ counsel in its $1.75 billion offering, a leading Mexican commercial bank, which is controlled by Carlos Slim and members of the Slim family. This offering was Banco Inbursa’s first ever international debt offering. Also represented underwriters’ on subsequent $750 million bond offering by Banco Inbursa.
Engagement & Publications
- NCSC General Counsel Forum in New York - June 4, 2019
- Co-Author, "Mexico’s Energy Industry Gushes with Investment Opportunity," The Financial Times (December 31, 2014)
- The United States – Mexico Chamber of Commerce – 2nd Annual U.S. – Mexico Real Estate Investment Summit 2015
- Merger Market Group – Mexican M&A and IPOS in 2014
- Deloitte Conference– IFRS, SEC y PCAOB 2013