Arun Srivastava is a partner in the London office of Paul Hastings. He provides sound and comprehensive legal advice on regulatory requirements across Europe. Mr. Srivastava spent a year on secondment to the U.K. Financial Services Authority between April 1999 and April 2000.
Mr. Srivastava focuses his practice on helping regulated firms comply with evolving regulatory obligations, particularly in relation to innovation in the FinTech space. He has particular expertise in advising clients on the cross-border offering of products and services across the European Union including in relation to the use of national private placement regimes. Mr. Srivastava also advises clients on complex contentious financial services matters including regulatory investigations and disputes.
- Recommended for Financial Services by Chambers UK 2020 and Legal 500 UK 2020:
- ‘As part of a broad-based regulatory practice, Arun Srivastava is best known for handling high-profile investigations. Interviewees value his "excellent understanding of the regulatory infrastructure."’
- ‘Arun Srivastava is "incredibly intelligent and extraordinarily commercial."’
- "Arun Srivastava is one of a kind and has one of the best financial services regulatory minds I have ever seen"’
- "Arun Srivastava is a market leader in the FS regulatory space. He has excellent knowledge of investment services, payment services and other financial services regulatory issues, and is extremely adapt at client management"
- Recommended by Chambers U.K. for Banking Litigation; Financial Services: Contentious Regulatory; Financial Services: Non-contentious Regulatory; and Litigation
- Recommended by Legal 500 U.K. for Financial Services and Fintech
- College of Law at Guildford (L.S.F.),1989
- University of Southampton (LL.B.), 1988
- Represented a global financial services institution on the implications of Brexit on its European operations and implementing a major restructuring across Europe to take account of Brexit, including obtaining licensing in the European Union.
- Represented the Financial Conduct Authority on Judicial Review proceedings relating to the role of Skilled Persons in the Interest Rate Hedging Product Review.
- Represented a U.K. regulated firm on a s.166 review of its governance arrangements and sales processes.
- Represented on the establishment of a U.K. crypto-currency exchange and authorization as an Electronic Money Institution.
- Represented a global custody bank on client money and segregation issues in multiple jurisdictions.
- Represented a U.K. wholesale markets business on the implementation of the Fourth Money Laundering Directive in the U.K. and across Europe.
- Represented a major funds group on the offering of an institutional insurance wrapped funds product across multiple jurisdictions.