William Simpson is a partner in the Private Equity and Mergers and Acquisitions practices of Paul Hastings. He focuses his practice on private equity, mergers and acquisitions and venture capital. He regularly represents funds, owners and management groups in private equity transactions and he represents approximately 30 private equity backed companies and a dozen private equity sponsors. He has handled approximately 300 significant mergers and acquisitions during his career. Mr. Simpson formerly served as chair of the firm's Global Private Equity practice group, chair of the firm’s Orange County Office, and chair of the Business and Corporate Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association.
- Recognized numerous times in Chambers USA – “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” as a leading California private equity lawyer
- Best Lawyers in America, including named as 2017 and 2019 Orange County Corporate Lawyer of the Year
- Recognized in The Los Angeles Times “Southern California’s Best Lawyers”
- Named as a Top 50 Orange County “Super Lawyer” by Law and Politics Magazine.
- Recognized as a Highly Regarded Lawyer by IFLR1000
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A., (with high distinction)