Christian Parker is a Structured Credit partner in the London office of Paul Hastings who specializes in structured bond and fund products and generally acting for credit fund managers. His experience encompasses a broad range of credit fund and structured capital markets transactions with particular expertise in structures that meet the requirements of newly evolving EU and U.S. regulatory developments. His expertise has most recently been recognized with two IFLR awards as lead counsel in the last four years.
- Stand-out performer in FT Innovative Lawyers 2019 for work on risk retention solutions for credit managers
- Recommended for Investment Funds by Legal 500 UK 2020
- "Structured Finance & Securitisation Deal of the Year" – IFLR 2018
- "Structured Finance & Securitisation Team of the Year" – IFLR 2016
- Mr. Parker is described as "Diligent and commercial" by Legal 500
- Highly Commended in the Corporate & Commercial category – FT Innovative Lawyers report, 2014
- "Equity Deal of the Year" – IFLR 2014
- College of Law of England and Wales, C.P.E., 1991
- Oxford University, B.A., 1989 (Taylor of Whickham Scholar)
- Oxford University, M.A.
- Advised on the establishment of Alcentra Credit Managers' risk retention structured fund
- Advised on multiple private Solvency II compliant structures that invest in credit assets by EU insurance companies
- Advised on the establishment of CVC Credit Partners' risk retention structure (IFLR deal of the year)
- Advised on multiple debt repackaging vehicles for ECM Asset Management (Wells Fargo Asset Management)
- Advised on the establishment and ongoing development of CVC Credit Partners' credit opportunities platform and listed vehicle (IFLR deal of the year/highly commended by FT Innovative Lawyers report)
Engagement & Publications
- "Technical Insight: PRIIPs – The KIDs Aren’t Alright!", Credit Funds Spotlight, Issue 1, February 2018
- "Why Holding ABS Just Got Trickier: The EU Securitisation Regulation’s Impact on EU and Non-EU Investors", Paul Hastings Stay Current, 15 August 2018
- "FCA/PRA, UK Government and ESMA release new requirements for Securitisation Regulation", Paul Hastings Stay Current, 20 December 2018
- Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Parker was at another U.S. firm. He has practiced capital markets in London, Bangkok, and Singapore.
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales.
- He has contributed to IFLR, JIBFL, and other industry and academic publications.