Crispin Daly is an associate in the London office of Paul Hastings.
- Named a 'Rising Star' for Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency - The Legal 500 UK 2023
- 2023 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to watch in the United Kingdom (published June 2022)
- Recognised for Excellence in The Legal 500 United Kingdom (Rising Star category)
- Chambers UK Recognition 2020 "Associates to watch"
- Associates to watch for restructuring / insolvency – Chambers UK 2020
- Crispin Daly is regarded for his skill in assisting clients with both domestic and cross-border insolvencies. He has particular expertise in insolvency litigation.
- "He has a great grasp of the law and exceptional judgement." "Crispin is fantastic technically."
- The Legal 500 2019 "is a committed adviser and provides technical and strategic skills"
- The Legal 500 2018 "an amazing attention for detail and an ability to absorb and distill huge quantities of material"
- 21 Sep 2020 – UK representative at the INSOL Europe Financiers’ Group panel discussion on “the impact of COVID pandemic and the effect of COVID legislation on struggling enterprises and their ability to fulfil their contractual and financial obligations”
- The Legal 500 2020: “Rising Star” category
- “Crispin Daly is well versed in complex and international insolvency issues.”
- “Crispin Daly has great intellect, exceptional attention-to-detail and wonderful client skills. He really is one to watch. A future star, if not already one!”
- BPP University, London, Legal Practice Course 2008
- BPP University, London, Graduate Diploma of Law 2007
- Glasgow University, MA (Hons) Modern Languages, 1996
- Advised the buyer on restructuring the Argyll Group portfolio of serviced offices.
- Advised the supervisors of fourteen interlocking CVAs for Park First Group, including in respect of defending a challenge application
- Advised GLAS in relation to the restructuring of ABS.
- Advised the administrators of Industrial Northwest LLP.
- Advised the administrators of Kew Media.
- Re gategroup Guarantee Limited
- Lehman Brothers International (Europe)
- Special Administration of MF Global
- Chapter 11 proceedings of Westinghouse Electric Corporation
- ARM Asset Backed Securities S.A.
- FSHC Group Holdings Limited
- Zinc Hotels Investments Ltd v Beveridge
- ETFS Securities Limited
- Northsea Base Investments Limited
- Onix Capital S.A.
- Caledonian Bank
- DD Growth 2X Fund
Engagement & Publications
- Analysis article published by Lexis Nexis and Lexology Feb 2021 regarding Gategroup Restructuring Plan
- Rank Inequality: the consequences of the creation of "super priority" debts under the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 moratorium published in Butterworth Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, Feb 2021
- UK Representative on INSOL Europe Financier’s Group panel discussion September 2020 on impact of COVID and COVID legislation on ability of companies to resist insolvency
- INSOL Europe Annual Congress, Warsaw 2017, panel moderator ("Brexit: Impact on European restructurings")
- INSOL Europe Annual Congress, Lisbon 2016, panel moderator ("Debt trading – buying loan portfolios and distressed debt trading").
- INSOL Europe Eastern European Countries’ Committee Conference in Cluj-Napoca, Romania 2016, ("Distressed Investment: Non performing loans")
- Contributor to insolvency section of "Brexit: Opportunities, Challenges and The Road Ahead", Britain in Europe Policy Report, Brunel University London, October 2016)
- "Continental Drift: Challenges and Possible Solutions to Cross-Border Insolvency Issues Following Brexit", International Corporate Rescue 2016
- Higher Rights of Audience (Civil Proceedings) January 2015
- Member INSOL Europe (former member of Technical Committee)
- Member Insolvency Lawyers Association