Dan Stellenberg is a partner in the Tax practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Palo Alto office. Mr. Stellenberg advises on tax, accounting, and employment and securities law issues in connection with executive employment and separation agreements, equity compensation arrangements, and bonus plans. His experience also encompasses employee integration and retention, due diligence, golden parachute, and deferred compensation issues. Mr. Stellenberg also handles a broad range of compliance issues concerning complex tax, disclosure, EU data privacy, and Chinese currency exchange laws in connection with mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, and equity compensation programs.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Stellenberg practiced at three other Am Law 100 firms. His previous experience also includes working at a compensation consulting firm, where he provided independent advice to technology companies’ boards of directors.
Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Stellenberg worked in the software engineering department of a Silicon Valley based semiconductor company, and he has been issued four patents relating to semiconductor delay modeling and simulation.
- The Legal 500, Labor & Employment - Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and Retirement Plans: Transactions (2021)
- Chambers USA, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (2021)
- Santa Clara University, School of Law, J.D., 2001
- Santa Clara University, M.S., 1997
- Carnegie Mellon University, B.S., 1994