David Wen is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the Hong Kong office.
Mr. Wen’s practice focuses on capital market transactions, including initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions and other general corporate matters. Mr. Wen is qualified as an attorney in New York and is fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
- Columbia University, LLM, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, Distinction
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Advised Chongqing Hongjiu Fruit, a multi-brand fruit company in China, on its US$72 million global offering and initial public offering on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. CICC acted as the sole sponsor, and, together with Citigroup and UBS, acted as the joint global coordinators in this transaction.
- Advised CICC and CMBI (as joint placing agents) on the US$45 million follow-on placement of Chongqing Hongjiu Fruit on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Kuaishou Technology, China’s largest content community and social platform, on its US$5.4 billion IPO on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.*
- Advised Fulu Holdings, China’s largest third-party virtual service provider, on its US$115 million IPO on the Main Board of Hong Kong Stock Exchange.*
- Advised the underwriters on the US$331 million IPO of Venus Medtech (Hangzhou) Inc., a market leader in the transcatheter heart valve industry in China, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.*
- Advised the underwriters on the US$234 million IPO of Alphamab Oncology, a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to global development of innovative biologics for cancer therapy, on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.*
- Advised the underwriters on the US$1.16 billion H-share IPO of Shenwan Hongyuan Group, a leading investment holding group in China, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.*
- Represented Yiwu State-owned Capital Operation Co., Ltd., a major state-owned enterprise in Yiwu, China, on its issuance of US$500 million 3.15% guaranteed bonds due in 2023.*
- Represented China New Higher Education Group Limited, a leading private formal higher education group in China, on its issuance of US$100 million 1% guaranteed convertible bonds due in 2021.*
- Advised listed companies, including COSCO Shipping Development Co., Ltd.; COSCO SHIPPING Holdings Co., Ltd.; WH Group Limited; Huishang Bank*; Bank of Gansu*; Everbright Securities*; GF Securities*; China Life Insurance*; China Jinmao Holdings*; China Suntien Green Energy*; Fuyao Glass Industry Group* and Kunming Dianchi Water Treatment*in relation to their compliance matters under the Hong Kong Listing Rules and other relevant laws and regulations.
*Matter handled prior to joining the firm.