Associate, Employment Law Department
Los AngelesPhone: 1(213) 683-6178
Deisy Castro is an associate in the Employment Law Department of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Her practice focuses on complex wage and hour litigation, involving off-the-clock, overtime, minimum wage, exempt or non-exempt misclassification, independent contractor or contingent worker misclassification, and meal and rest break claims. Ms. Castro represents employers in wage and hour collective, class, and multi-plaintiff actions nationwide and defends employers in connection with labor and employment matters involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination. She defends clients in matters pending in state and federal courts and agencies.
Ms. Castro also regularly counsels employers on a variety of employment issues, including proper employee classification, compensation, hiring processes and procedures, workforce reductions, termination and disciplinary decisions, arbitration agreements, disability accommodations, medical leaves, immigration concerns, and workplace policies and handbooks. She has experience advising and representing clients across multiple industries, including finance, technology, communications, hospitality, healthcare, and retail, among others.
- Recognized as an Academy Fellow of the National Employment Law Council (2017, 2018)
- University of Southern California, J.D., 2016
- Stanford University, B.A., 2004
Engagement & Publications
- Published in Law360, The National Law Journal, Practicing Law Institute, The Legal Intelligencer, Bloomberg Law, and the Daily Journal
- Member of the Hispanic National Bar Association
- Member of the National Employment Law Council