Jackson Herndon is a senior associate in the Litigation Department of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York and Century City offices. An experienced trial lawyer with more than a decade of experience, Jackson focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation.
Jackson represents leaders in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, energy, and aviation industries in business disputes before state and federal courts across the country. He has first chaired jury trials in state and federal court, argued appeals before state and federal appellate courts, and practiced before the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation and the United States Supreme Court. Clients have consistently trusted him with high-profile, high-stakes, and multi-billion dollar disputes.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Jackson worked at another leading international law firm and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Judith C. McCarthy of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Jackson began his career as a prosecutor in California.
Fordham University School of Law, J.D. 2013
University of California, Davis, B.A. 2010
- Represented a New York-based hedge fund in a high-stakes dispute arising from an aviation sales and leasing joint venture.
- Represented Anthem, Inc. in a multi-billion dollar lawsuit against its pharmacy benefits manager, Express Scripts, Inc. (ESI), arising from ESI’s breaches of its contractual duties to negotiate in good faith to ensure that Anthem receives market pricing for pharmaceutical drugs.
- Represented Pfizer in defense of a significant breach of contract action relating to the manufacturing of a cardiac drug in federal court.
- Represented a leading United States energy company in arbitration proceedings related to executive compensation.
- First chaired a pro bono civil rights jury trial in federal court.
Matters may have been completed before joining Paul Hastings.