James Baillie is a partner in the Structured Credit practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. Mr. Baillie's practice focuses on structured finance, securitization, asset-backed and fund leverage lending with a particular focus on CLOs. Mr. Baillie advises originators, investment managers, lenders and arrangers, having recently advised clients such as Alcentra, Bank of America, Barclays, Canyon, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, i80 Group, ICG, JP Morgan, Mizuho, Morgan Stanley, Oakhill, Och Ziff and PGIM.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Baillie worked at another leading international firm in London.
- Chambers, Capital Markets: CLOs (associate to watch, 2021-2022)
- PaulHastings.com, Paul Hastings Named Top Global CLO Counsel for the Fourth Consecutive Year (2021)
- PaulHastings.com, Paul Hastings Named Top Global CLO Counsel for the Third Consecutive Year (2020)
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course (2013)
- BPP University, Graduate Diploma in Law (2012)
- Hertford College, University of Oxford, MA (Oxon) (2011)
- Admitted in England and Wales
- Regularly advises investment managers and arrangers on European CLO transactions.
- Regularly advises lenders and fund managers on asset-backing lending facilities.
- Recently advised several first-time European investment managers on their debut CLO issuance.
- Advised i80 Group and Avellinia Capital in a $200m back-book and forward flow receivables financing for Spanish Fintech entity, Ritmo.
- Advised ESF Capital on their CBILS platform structuring and accreditation.