Joyce Shin is Of-Counsel in the Structured Credit practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Chicago office. Her practice focuses on representing both lenders and borrowers in all aspects of complex financings, including leveraged, asset-based, senior, mezzanine, and subordinated debt transactions, with a particular emphasis in the fintech market.
Ms. Shin represents numerous fintech lenders and fintech originators as borrowers in financing secured by various types of fintech assets. Ms. Shin also has extensive experience in leveraged buyouts and acquisition financings working with private equity funds.
- CDW LLC in connection with its revolving and term loan credit facilities
- Motivate International Inc. in connection with financing bicycle program expansions
- Stryker Corporation in connection with its revolving credit facility
- Representation of various private equity firms, including Beecken Petty O'Keefe & Company, CDH Investments, Cortec Group, DW Healthcare Partners, H.I.G. Capital, Industrial Growth Partners, May River Capital, Novacap TMT, Pfingsten Partners, and Parallel49 Equity, and their respective portfolio companies, in connection with acquisitions financings, dividend recapitalizations, and other finance transactions
- Co-Chair, Chicago Office, Paul Hastings’ Asian Affinity Network
- Member, Chicago Office, Talent Development Committee (2014-2021)