Konstantin Burkov is an associate in the London office of Paul Hastings. Mr. Burkov advises clients on a broad range of financial services regulatory and compliance matters.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Burkov spent seven years at another international firm, during which time he was seconded to the London legal teams of two major U.S. financial institutions.
- The University of Law, LLB (Hons) (2011)
- King's College London, LLM (2009)
- Ural State Law Academy, Russia, LLB (2005)
- Advised U.S. based financial institution on structuring and implementation of the new structure for its European operation outside the U.K. due to Brexit.
- Advised U.K. and U.S. based clients on various aspects of consumer credit regime, European anti-money laundering regime and insurance mediation activities.
- Led a number of global regulatory compliance projects for U.S. financial institutions covering regulatory reporting and conduct obligations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisted U.K. and U.S. based asset management groups on establishing U.K. UCITS and AIF managers.
- Advised non-EU investment advisers and asset managers on implementation of AIFMD in the U.K. and EU and its application to third-country alternative investment fund managers.
- Advised on and assisted with regulatory filings related to management and marketing in the U.K. and other EU jurisdictions pursuant to AIFMD.
- Advised on the U.K. regime applicable to small alternative investment fund managers.
- Advised payment institutions and online market platforms on payment services related matters.
- Advised EU and non-EU based asset managers and other investment firms on authorization, on-going business conduct and reporting requirements.