Luke McDougall is a co-chair of the Global Finance practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office.
Mr. McDougall focuses his practice on UK and cross-border acquisition finance and restructuring. He has experience acting for senior lenders, junior lenders and borrower groups on a variety of capital structures as well as, debt portfolio acquisitions and specialist financing transactions.
- Named a 'Leading Individual' for Acquisition Finance - The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Ranked Lawyer in Chambers and Partners (Banking and Finance in London)
- The Legal 500 UK Finance Lawyer of the Year 2020
- Named a 2015 Rising Star by Financial News in the capital markets category
- University of Sydney, LL.B., 2002
- Advised eleven banks including lead arrangers Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley in respect of the $3.5 billion loan and bond financing for Bain Capital’s acquisition of research, data and insight business Kantar from WPP plc.
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Lloyds and RBS as arrangers in respect of the financing for Advent International’s £1.2 billion public-to-private acquisition of UK electronic and technology business Laird plc.
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, JPMorgan, BNP Paribas and Lloyds as arrangers in respect of €900 million of senior facilities to finance the acquisition of IPH Group by Advent International.
- Advised the second lien investors in respect of the privately placed second lien facility to finance Hellman & Friedman’s €5.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of Nets A/S.
- Advised Blackrock in respect of a unitranche and capex facility for the roll-up acquisition of Benelux testing businesses by Summit Partners.
- Advised TPG Specialty Lending in relation to facilities for the acquisition of a Swedish software business by Marlin Equity Partners.
- Advised Blackrock in respect of facilities for the acquisition and roll-up of German dentistry businesses by Summit Partners.
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and HSBC as arrangers in respect of the financing for Advent International and Bain Capital’s €700m acquisition of German payment services business Concardis.
- Advised a sovereign wealth fund in relation to a $160 million holdco PIK facility for a Bermuda based satellite communications company owned by a top tier European private equity sponsor.
- Advised Delphi Automotive in relation to the financing for its UK public-to-private acquisition of Hellerman Tyton.
- Advised Lloyds, ING and HSBC as arrangers in respect of financing for the UK public to private acquisition of Brammer plc by Advent International.
- Advised a global investment and advisory firm in relation to a $200 million unitranche and revolving acquisition financing for the proposed acquisition of an Austrian software business by a U.S. private equity sponsor.
- Advised the investors in respect of a €600 million private high yield financing for the acquisition of Setefi by Italian financial institution ICBPI, a portfolio company of Advent International and Bain Capital.
- Acted for Bank of America Merrill Lynch as sole arranger and co-ordinator of the US$4 billion recapitalisation of Formula One.
- Advised HSBC, Lloyds, Société Générale and Unicredit on the £535 million (equivalent) recapitalisation of Host Europe Group (HEG) following its acquisition of the German headquartered web hosting supplier Intergenia.