Matthew Peters is an associate in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's London office. His practice focuses on corporate real estate, including corporate and investment property acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings and reorganisations, particularly with regards to hotel portfolios, hotel and residential development projects, and logistics sites. Mr. Peters has experience advising both U.K. and international clients operating across a variety of jurisdictions and regularly works on significant cross border transactions.
- Ranked “Associate to Watch” for Real Estate — £150 million and above Chambers U.K. 2024, 2023, 2022, and 2021.
- Ranked “Associate to Watch” for Hotels and Leisure — U.K.-wide Chambers U.K. 2024.
- Named Rising Star — Real Estate Commercial Property Investment Legal 500 U.K. 2024, 2023, 2022, and 2021.
- “Matt is one of the best associates I have ever worked with — he offers partner-level advice.” Chambers U.K. 2024.
- "Matt's dedication and commerciality were particularly noteworthy, and it is clear that he had a deep understanding of the commercial considerations at play in the matter." Chambers U.K. 2024.
- “Matthew has been invaluable on transactions.” Chambers U.K. 2023.
- "He is very sharp and impactful on negotiations and able to anticipate the seller's next move." Chambers U.K. 2023.
- “Extremely user-friendly and keenly protects and defends his client's position while remaining commercial and level-headed. He works extremely hard and is very proactive.” Chambers U.K. 2022.
- "A proactive and commercially astute solicitor with a great eye for detail." Chambers U.K. 2021.
- "Extremely diligent and technically very strong." Legal 500 U.K. 2021.
- Mr. Peters holds an M.A. law degree from the University of Oxford, and was called to the Bar at Lincoln's Inn in 2008. Mr. Peters also completed his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, London in 2011 with distinction.
Starwood Capital on:
- The corporate sale of 12 U.K. hotels forming part of the Principal Hotel Company to Foncière des Murs for a purchase price in excess of $1 billion — winner of Hot.E Deal of the Year 2018.
- The corporate sale of the Yotel branded Hotel Asterweg in Amsterdam for a consideration in excess of $40 million.
Evans Randall on:
- The corporate sale of the Lakeshore Business Park, Feltham for a consideration in excess of €140 million.
- The corporate sale of Riverbank House for a consideration in excess of €400 million.
Other representative transactions include:
- Highgate Hotels on its disposal of the pan-European 10 hotel K+K portfolio with a headline purchase price in excess of $550 million.
- RB Capital on the acquisition and development of a listed building in Rome for conversion into a Corinthia hotel, and the hotel management arrangements in respect of the Curtain Private Members’ Club in Shoreditch, London.
- Omnum Group on the development of a mixed-use complex, including a dual-branded Sheraton / Moxy hotel.
- A K-based property development group with a real estate asset portfolio in excess of £2 billion on its fundamental corporate reorganisation and demerger.
- Attestor Capital on its management and franchise arrangements with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group for the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Lake Como.
- Tristan Capital on its acquisition of a U.K.-wide retail park portfolio, with a consideration in excess of £250 million.
- STT Telemedia on the acquisition of Virtus Data Centres, with an aggregate consideration in excess of £225 million.
- Solicitor, England and Wales