Michael Ward is a partner in the Tax practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the London office. Michael advises on the tax aspects of a broad range of international and domestic matters, including leveraged finance, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, energy and infrastructure projects, restructurings, investment funds, derivatives, and real estate transactions.
- The College of Law (University of Law), L.P.C. 2008
- BPP, G.D.L. 2007
- London School of Economics, BA 2006
- Liberty Global on its £1.2 billion investment into Vodafone.
- GE on the $3.25 billion sale of its Distributed Power business to Advent.
- Anglo American plc on the proposed business combination between its nuGenTM Zero Emissions Haulage Solution and First Mode Holdings, Inc.
- Chipita S.A. on the sale of its business to Mondelēz International, Inc. for approximately $2 billion.
- Banco do Brasil S.A. in connection with the update of its EMTN programme and the offering of $750 million aggregate principal amount of 6.250% Sustainability Bonds due 2030.
- The lenders in connection with the $652.3 million financing of the Central Termica de Temane power project in Mozambique, which was awarded “Africa Power Deal of the Year 2021” at the PFI Awards.
- PETRONAS on its $15 billion joint venture with Saudi Aramco.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its partnership with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and nine of the world’s largest energy traders to establish ICE Futures Abu Dhabi.
- ADNOC on a strategic partnership with OCI N.V.
- The initial purchasers in connection with Sherwood Financing plc's offering of €640 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2027, €400 million 4.500% senior secured notes due 2026, £350 million 6.000% senior secured notes due 2026, and the company’s £285 million revolving facility agreement.
- Discovery, Inc. on its agreement with BBC Studios to separate their 50/50 UKTV joint venture.
- Qatar Investment Authority in connection with its holding of the Songbird Estate Canary Wharf Group plc.
- The initial purchasers in connection with WP/AP Telecom Holdings IV B.V.’s offering of €800 million 3.750 percent senior secured notes due 2029 and WP/AP Telecom Holdings III B.V.’s offering of €550 million 5.500 percent senior notes due 2030.
- Macquarie on its acquisition of Farnborough Airport.
*Experience gained prior to joining Paul Hastings.