Michelle Marek is an Assistant General Counsel in the Office of the General Counsel and is based in the firm’s Chicago office. Her practice focuses on a broad range of technology that includes litigating patent, trade secret, and trademark cases in various industries, which have included automotive brake components, power tools and power tool accessories, digital rights management, electronic trading computer software, and aviation riveting technology.
Ms. Marek Figueiredo has substantial experience in all stages of litigation, including trial and pretrial work, deposing inventors and other witnesses, developing claim constructions and invalidity and non-infringement theories, and managing complex discovery issues. Ms. Marek Figueiredo also dedicates significant time to various pro bono matters including asylum, refugee, and domestic violence cases and, most recently, she helped secure asylum for a couple from Serbia.
- Recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2015-2018
- Northern District of Illinois Excellence in Pro Bono and Public Interest Service Award, 2014
- DePaul College of Law, J.D. (cum laude), 2008
- University of Illinois, B.S. (Chemistry), B.A. (Spanish), 2005
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services Board Member, 2016-Present
- Richard Linn Inn of Court, Member, 2008-Present