Richard S. Radnay is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Chicago office. Mr. Radnay focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, private financings (such as private equity, venture capital, and mezzanine financings), executive compensation and equity incentive arrangements, and counseling boards of directors and senior management. He has led transactions in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, life sciences, computer software and hardware, technology, consumer products, financial and business services, and distribution and manufacturing.
- The Legal 500 USA, M&A: Large Deals $1Bn+ (2022)
- The Legal 500 USA, Private Equity Buyouts (2022)
- Winner, M&A Advisor's 2019 Distressed M&A Deal of the Year (Over $100MM to $250MM)
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2000 (cum laude)
- Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, B.S., 1994
- Acquisition by private equity fund of a medical device company that develops, manufactures and markets innovative hemostatic agents.
- Acquisition by private equity fund of a leading emergency care and response training organization.
- Acquisition by private equity fund of producer of upscale chocolate confectionery products.
- Representing a Fortune100 company on various transactions, including:
- Divestiture of a healthcare technology business to a SIX Swiss Exchange-listed company;
- Acquisition of a supplier of innovative manufacturing technologies in the biopharmaceutical industry;
- Divestiture of a medical records related software developer; and
- Divestiture of a Class II medical device designer, developer and manufacturer.
- Proposed acquisition by a multi-national corporation of a medical equipment manufacturing business with operations in 30+ jurisdictions, as part of a multi-stage competitive auction process.
- Acquisition by private company of leading supplier of automotive parts to automotive manufacturers and Tier I suppliers in the automotive industry.
- Acquisition by private company of Tier One designer and manufacturer of emissions canisters, structural plastic components and front-end modules for the automotive industry.
- Acquisition by private equity fund of provider of rehabilitative therapy services to patients residing in long-term care and similar facilities.
- Divestiture by private equity fund of national provider of online medical transcription, and medical coding & billing training.
- Investment by private equity fund in Shanghai-based postpartum recovery and wellness centers.
- Sale of clinical and specialty pharmacy to private equity fund.
- Divestiture of mental health and drug/alcohol outpatient counseling and therapy business to private equity fund.
- Investment by private equity fund in global designer, manufacturer and marketer of personalized jewelry.
- Dividend recapitalization that combined under a common holding company four separate manufacturers of custom-designed industrial components to the rail, oil and gas, trucking and transportation, and military and defense industries, and subsequent sale by private equity fund of the holding company.
- Divestiture by private equity fund of provider of integrated, multi-channel selling solutions and retail enterprise software.
- Acquisition by private equity fund of high-end 3D graphics software producer.
- Acquisition by private equity fund of industry-leading CIS provider to municipal and investor-owned (IOU) water, electric and gas utilities.
- Acquisition by private equity fund of a leading provider of software solutions to state and local government entities.
- Investment by private equity fund in upscale casual dining restaurant and winery.
Engagement & Publications
- Carveouts and Divestitures
- Lifecycle of a Private Equity Transaction
- Ancillary Documents for a Corporate Transaction
- Acquisition Structures and Anatomy of a Purchase Agreement
- When Your Buyer Needs Acquisition Financing
- M&A From a Legal Perspective - Panel Speaker, Kolb+Co. Conference
- Recent M&A Trends, Earnouts and Auction Dynamics
- Structuring and Negotiating Earnouts
- Member of Northwestern University Regional Leadership Council