Rita Fishman is an associate in the Litigation practice and is based in the firm’s New York office. Her practice focuses on all aspects of commercial litigation and white collar investigations. Ms. Fishman has experience representing clients in regulatory enforcement and white collar criminal matters, including those involving allegations of corporate and accounting fraud, securities fraud, wire fraud, and bank fraud. Ms. Fishman also conducts internal investigations for companies, and handles civil and criminal matters relating to inquiries by government entities including the United States Department of Justice ("DOJ"), the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), and other federal and state agencies.
Ms. Fishman received her law degree from Duke Law School in 2017. She earned her B.A. degree in Political Science, magna cum laude, from The Ohio State University in 2013.
Ms. Fishman is a member of the bar of the State of New York, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- "New York and California Are Leading States in Pushing for More State-Level Consumer Protection Actions," Stay Current, co-author with Kenneth Breen and Phara Guberman, March 2020
- Representation of a former manager of an international investment bank in a criminal trial involving allegations of wire fraud in connection with LIBOR submissions brought by the DOJ in the Southern District of New York and related litigation
- Representation of a former senior officer of a public company throughout all phases of appeal to the Third Circuit involving allegations of accounting and securities fraud, as well as in connection with SEC and related civil litigations
- Representation of multiple FinTech apps in investigations by the NY Department of Financial Services and other regulators on issues involving online lending, interest rates categorized as "tips," monthly memberships at lending companies, and other consumer fees
- Representation of a CEO of an international corporation in response to FINRA inquiry
- Representation of a U.S. national defense company in a contract dispute
- Representation of a multi-national pharmaceutical corporation in complex litigation and arbitration proceedings relating to drug technology contract dispute
- Representation of a large Medicare Advantage payer in connection with internal investigations and qui tam complaints relating to Medicare risk adjustment practices
- Conducted proactive compliance market review on behalf of multi-national rare disease company in the Brazilian market
- Conducted proactive compliance reviews of manufacturer patient support and assistance programs in view of U.S regulator guidance and enforcement on behalf of Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company
- Pro bono counsel for minors in asylum immigration cases through alliance with Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
- Pro bono counsel for survivors in alliance with Sanctuary for Families