Ryan LaForce is a partner in the Private Equity practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Ms. LaForce’s practice focuses on advising private equity, growth capital and venture capital investors, public and emerging companies, and entrepreneurs in complex financial and strategic transactions.
Ms. LaForce has advised clients including technology-focused growth capital and buyout sponsors; many of the largest financial services firms in connection with consortium transactions, strategic investments, and M&A transactions; emerging Fintech companies; and emerging companies and entrepreneurs in growth equity financings. In addition, Ms. LaForce serves as principal outside or general counsel to various companies – providing day-to-day corporate counseling and strategic advice.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Ms. LaForce was a partner at another international law firm. She previously served as Assistant General Counsel of Bain Capital, LLC, an alternative asset firm with over $70 billion AUM, for two and half years.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A.
- Nerdy Inc. (NYSE: NRDY) in connection with its business combination with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC)
- Accel Partners, Bessemer, Declaration Partners, and Senator Investment Group in connection with various growth-equity transactions
- Symphony Communication Services, LLC in connection with equity financings, strategic transactions, and ongoing corporate matters
- Capitolis, Inc. in connection with equity financings, strategic transactions, and ongoing corporate matters
- FIA Tech in connection with its $60 million equity financing from 12 global clearing firms and with ongoing corporate matters
- Consortium of major global financial institutions in connection with sale of Simon Markets to iCap
- Goldman Sachs in connection with various M&A and financing transactions
- Companies across various industries, including FinTech, consumer brands, and the food and beverage industry, in connection with their early and growth equity financings
- Kensho Technologies in its $50 million Series B financing, commercial transactions, and ongoing corporate matters
- Lon (Bread) in its Series B financing
- P2 Science in its $10 million Series B financing
- PillPack in connection with equity financings, commercial debt transactions, and ongoing corporate matters
- Momofuku in connection with equity financings, joint venture and strategic transactions, and ongoing corporate matters
Matters may have been completed before joining Paul Hastings.