Sébastien Crepy is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Paris office.
He focuses his practice on Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions. Recently, he worked on Private Equity (for investment funds and management teams) and M&A transactions in the following industries: IT and technologies, healthcare, business services, energy and transportation and agribusiness.
He also advises on a very regular basis foreign investors in the course of their prior authorization request proceedings before the French Ministry for the Economy and Finance under the French regulation controlling the foreign investments.
- Quoted in "Private Equity in France: LBO" by Legal 500 EMEA, 2020.
- Admitted to the Paris Bar Association (France).
- Associate member of the Law Society of New South Wales (Australia).
- Master of Corporate Law and Master of International/European Law, University of Paris II - Panthéon-Assas (Paris, France).
- Master of Science in Management, EM Lyon (Business School in Lyon, France).
- Diploma in Law, Legal Profession Admission Board in Sydney (Australia).
- Financial auditor, Ernst & Young.
- Associate within two international law firms in Paris (France) and in Prague (Czech Republic).
- Consultant within a Tier 1 Australian law firm in Sydney (Australia).
- Fluent in French and English.
Private Equity Transactions
- LGT European Capital in connection with the sale of its majority share in Batisanté group to IK Partners.
- The management team of Sicame group in connection with the exit of Equistone Fund V and the structuring of a new LBO operation through a continuation fund.
- EMZ Partners in connection with its minority investment in Ayming group.
- Amundi Private Equity Funds, bpifrance and Socadif in connection with the LBO of Wifirst group sponsored by CAPZA.
- Ardian Expansion in connection with the OBO of Alixio group.
- Astorg in connection with the acquisition of a shareholding interest in Armor IIMAK group, the sale of AutoForm to Carlyle, the sale of M7 Group to Groupe Canal+ and the sale of the Metrologic group to Sandvik AB.
- Mubadala Capital in connection with the LBO of Vivalto Santé group sponsored by Vivalto Partners, IK Partners, Mubadala Capital, MACSF, bpifrance, ARKEA Capital, Groupe Crédit Agricole and BNP Paribas Développement and the LBO of Inovie group sponsored by Ardian, Mubadala Capital, GIC and APG Group.
- Equistone in connection with its minority investment in Safic-Alcan group, the LBO of GSCM, the LBUs of GSCM over Deltamod and Daudin, the LBO of Vulcain Ingénierie and its investment in Wallenborn Transports group.
- Keensight Capital in connection with the LBO of Adista group, the LBU of Adista group over Unyc (France), the LBOs of Sogelink and Geodesial Group the LBU of Sogelink/Geodesial group over Focus Software (Norway) and Locatiqs (the Netherlands).
- RAISE Investissement in connection with its minority investment in SITES group.
- Vendôme Parc Participations, EMZ, RAISE Investissement, Siparex, Unigrains and Etoile Capital in connection with the LBO of Carso group sponsored by ArchiMed.
- Société Générale Capital Partenaires in connection with its minority investment in the LBO of Crouzet group sponsored by Tikehau ACE and its minority investment in the LBO of Kersia group sponsored by IK Partners.
- Qualium Investissement in connection with the sale of its majority share in Labelium group to Charterhouse and the refinancing of Kermel group.
- The shareholders of Interway Group in connection with the investment of Sogetrel in Interway group.
- Accor and Andera Partners in connection with the restructuring of Potel & Chabot group.
- The shareholders of Provalliance group in connection with the LBO sponsored by Core Equity.
- Insight Partners in connection with the LBO of I@D sponsored by Insight Partners and IK Partners.
- Sellers and founder in connection with the LBO of Valoria Capital sponsored by IK Partners.
- Turenne Capital in connection with the merger of Medisys and Cityzen sponsored by Activa Capital, Turenne Capital and Group Up.
- Andera Partners in connection with the LBO of Panhard group.
- Société Générale Group, in connection with the acquisition of Ingénierie Technique et Location by Franfinance, the acquisition of Cegelease by Franfinance and the acquisition of BBVA Autorenting (Spain) by ALD.
- JLL in connection with the acquisition of Vincia.
- TIBCO Software in connection with the acquisition of Orchestra Networks.
Engagement & Publications
- Co-facilitator of the training unit on the "shareholders’ agreements" at the France Invest Academy (Paris, France).
- Facilitator of the seminar on the structuring of LBOs at the Master 2 "Companies’ Operations and International Tax" of the University of Paris I - Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris, France).