On September 24 and 25, 2020, Paul Hastings will host an Anti-Money Laundering Summit, featuring a keynote address from CFTC Commissioner Dan Berkovitz.
This virtual program will occur over two morning sessions, which will be presented to a global audience and will feature more than two dozen speakers from the world’s leading financial institutions and various financial regulators—including current and former senior attorneys from the SEC, DOJ, and DANY, as well as senior Legal and Compliance officers from Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Standard Chartered, Gemini, Barclays, Bridgewater Associates, PayPal and Guggenheim Partners—will provide attendees with unparalleled insight into the AML risks faced by institutions in the pre- and post-COVID landscape.
Topics covered will address recent enforcement trends, AML investigations for non-U.S. organizations, best practices for addressing AML issues and compliance, corruption and sanctions activity as a predicate offense, and a deep-dive into special situations involving cryptocurrency.
Day 2 Agenda
8:30 am – 12:30 pm ET
- Panel 3 – AML & Compliance in 2020: This panel will serve as a deep dive into best practices for addressing AML and compliance issues, including AML and compliance in the era of COVID-19, ultimate beneficial ownership, and other topics (90 Minutes)
- Panel 4 – Sanctions and AML in the Digital Age: This panel will explore corruption and sanctions activity as a predicate offense and other special subjects, including cryptocurrencies and FinTech (90 minutes)(90 minutes)
- Matthew Parrella, Chief Compliance Officer, BitGo
- Elaine Banar, Managing Director, Global Head of Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Corruption Compliance, Guggenheim Partners
- Ryan Duvall, Director, Head of Investigations, Gemini
- Meredith Smith, General Counsel, Stash
- Behnam Dayanim, Paul Hastings
- Scott Flicker, Paul Hastings
- Morgan Miller, Paul Hastings
- Moderator – Mike Spafford, Paul Hastings