Eric Landau is a partner and Chair of the Real Estate Department at Paul Hastings, based in the firm’s New York office. He has developed a real estate practice representing a diverse group of clients and interests, focusing on sophisticated joint ventures, hospitality, borrowing, acquisitions, leasing, and mixed-use development transactions. In representing Millennium Partners, he calls on his experience in dealing with city and state agencies to form a public/private partnership necessary to develop large projects outside established core areas in today’s urban environment. Other clients who Mr. Landau regularly represents on their most complex real estate transactions include The Witkoff Group, Lightstone Development Group, Investcorp International, Silverstein Properties, Nobu Hospitality, Extell Development, Junius Real Estate Partners, Fisher Brothers, Morgan Stanley, Turnbridge Equities, and Related Fund Management.
- The Legal 500, Real Estate (2021)
- Chambers USA, New York Real Estate (2020)
- The Legal 500, Tier 1 Real Estate (2020)
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1986
- University of Virginia, B.A. with Honors, 1983
- Outside general counsel for Millennium Partners, a national real estate development firm based in New York City.
- Development and financing of eight high-end mixed-use (i.e. residential/fitness/hotel/retail) projects for Millennium Partners in San Francisco, Boston, Washington, D.C., Miami, Atlanta, and New York.
- The acquisition of numerous office and apartment projects throughout the United States for Investcorp International.
- The acquisition, financing, and development work on mixed-use projects in New York City, Los Angeles, and Miami for The Witkoff Group, Lightstone Partners, and Extell Development.
- Formation of Nobu Hospitality and negotiation of 9+ franchise/management agreements around the world.
- Development, joint venture, and financing of the Aloft Hotel in Miami Beach for Madden Capital and JMH Development.