Keith D. Pisani
Of Counsel, Corporate Department
New YorkPhone: 1(212) 318-6053
Keith Pisani is of counsel in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office.
Mr. Pisani’s practice is primarily in the area of securities and capital markets. He represents issuers, underwriters and placement agents in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, including IPO’s, follow-on offerings, Rule 144A offerings, PIPE’s and registered direct offerings. Mr. Pisani also has substantial experience with proxy contests, shareholder proposals, obtaining SEC no-action letters, as well as "going private" and M&A transactions. He also frequently counsels public companies and their boards regarding compliance with the Sarbanes‑Oxley Act of 2002 and the corporate governance rules of the NYSE and NASDAQ.
From 1996 to 2000, Mr. Pisani was an attorney in the Division of Corporation Finance of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, most recently serving as Senior Counsel.
At the SEC, Mr. Pisani supervised the review of public offerings of debt and equity securities, mergers, recapitalizations and other transactions for compliance with the disclosure requirements of the federal securities laws. After working at the SEC, Mr. Pisani practiced law in Silicon Valley for over five years, where he counseled technology and biotechnology companies with respect to corporate and securities law matters.
- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1994, cum laude (participated in the SEC Observer Program during second year of law school)
- Lafayette College, B.A., 1988
- Served as senior attorney of the Division of Corporation Finance of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, 1996-2000
- Volunteer in Manhattan Housing Court representing tenants that cannot afford counsel in connection with disputes with their landlords
- Admitted to practice in New York and California