Mark Carper is an associate in the Litigation practice and is based in the firm’s Orange County office. His practice focuses on internal and government investigations, white collar defense, and compliance counseling, with an emphasis on anti-bribery and anti-corruption in the life sciences sector.
Mr. Carper received his law degree from Cornell Law School, cum laude. While in law school, he was an Article Editor for the Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy. He also worked in Title IX administration at Cornell University, representing students through the administrative hearing process. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology, Law & Society with a minor in Political Science from UC Irvine, summa cum laude.
Mr. Carper is admitted to practice law in California.
Engagement & Publications
- Co-author, Med Device Case Highlights Physician IP Deal Best Practices, Law360, November 30, 2021
- Co-author, AutoGenomics Settlement Illustrates Enforcement Agencies Continued Actions against Small and Mid-sized Life Science Companies, Paul Hastings Client Alert, January 13, 2021
- Co-author, Compliance Lessons from DOJ's Merit Medical Settlement, Law360, November 3, 2020
- Co-author, Key Healthcare Compliance Governance Essentials for Small and Mid-Size Life Science Companies, Orange County Business Journal, October 14, 2019
- Committee Member, The Federal Bar Association, Orange County Chapter, Young Lawyers Division (FBA/OC, YLD)
- Presenter, UC Irvine Pre-Law Society, April 2019 and November 2019